Profitec pro 500 features a heat exchanger - and stainless steel boiler machine design utilizing a Vibratory pump.That house is a 1400 W heating element in stainless steel using a primary Stainless Steel boiler size of 2 Litres
By using a PID the Profitec pro 500 more accurately controls the Primary boiler temperature using the Thermo pid to sense temperature with greater and more accurate frequency. This digital heat control lessens the swing of High and low oscillations of temperature from the more common heat control ; a pressure stat .
You can see the PID working through the oscillating light in the PID control located on the bottom of machine behind the drip tray.
It has the added value of controlling the thermo syphon heat exchanger flow to ensure a more accurate brew temperature. It does this care of the PID temperature control which creates a less volatile heating control on the primary boiler. This means that Heat Exchanger Flushing to cool down the Group is less frequent. Under testing we saw less differences in temperature fluctuations and a lessening of Heat Exchange Cooling Flushes. With temperature variations of 1°F through a 30 second extraction.
This is very impressive when you consider that most heat exchanger Machines with A pressure stat will have about a 2°F fluctuation in temperature through a 30 second extraction.
The PID controller also falls into an eco-mode when left idle for too long a period of time. Simply reset the brew lever or cycle the Main Power Switch to rest the Eco Mode . Note that the eco-power mode can be programmed off.
Contact Sales@CaffeTech.com for further information.
- E-61 Grouphead: The Profitec Pro 500 features the extremely well known and widely used E61 group head. The E61 is known for its temperature stability, durability and ease of use.
- Heat Exchanging Boiler: A sizable 2 liter, stainless steel boiler features a heat exchanger, which allows for simultaneous coffee brewing and milk frothing.
- PID: The Profitec Pro 500 comes standard with a PID device. This digital controller is masterfully hidden under the drip tray and allows you to change the boiler temperature while greatly improving overall temperature stability while also eliminating the need for the added step of a cooling flush usually demanded by heat exchanger espresso machines. A PID comes in handy when brewing specialty coffees to bring out their flavour by testing at various temperatures.
- Vibratory Pump: Quiet, reliable and delivering right pressure when needed. Profitec's pump boost a great performance and also features a unique device to reduce backpressure from the boiler, thereby preventing blocks.
- Professional Gauges: The Profitec Pro 500 features two professional gauges. Left indicating pressure in the boiler, right measuring grouphead pressure while coffee brewing. They are a great feedback tool which let you better understand your machine and improve your final results.
- No Burn Steam & Hot Water Wands: The machine is equipped with no burn steam and hot water wands that can be manipulated without worry about scolding your hands. Also, milk doesn't stick to a dual-walled steam wand as much as to a regular.
- Water Sensor: Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the water tank and boiler. A low water level warning will tell you when you need to refill. Please note: for proper operation it is a must to use water with mineral content.
A Profitec machine comes with two portafilters, a tamper, a blind basket, a brush, a cleaning cloth and a set of manuals.
|Boiler-Material||Stainless Steel Boiler|
|Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Volts||110 / 120 V|
|Warm-up Time||15 min|
|Water-Source||Internal Water Tank|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.