La Marzocco GS 3 AV
This is the ultimate espresso machine for home usage, created by world famous high-end manufactures at La Marzocco. Intended for those who want the very best functionality to unlock the full flavor/aroma potentials of gourmet espresso coffees, these hand-built machines are in a class of their own. La Marzocco’s master craftsmen spare no expense in their designs, offering best-in-class, high performance commercial-grade parts, in a size still compact enough to fit on your counter top at home.
- Twin Boiler System: Unlike most home espresso machines, this model contains 2 separate stainless steel boilers (one to produce steam and the other for brewing), greatly increasing their power and performance and allowing the brewer and steam wand to function simultaneously as with commercial-grade machines.
- Powerful, No-Burn Steam Wand: This model has a more powerful steam wand than other home models, and is able to quickly create the perfect professional-quality milk micro-foam for lattes, cappuccinos etc. The no-burn wand prevents milk from burning or sticking on, making cleanup easier.
- Adjustable Hot Water Temperature: This machine uniquely allows the hot water dispenser (used for Americanos, tea, etc.) to have its water temperature adjusted to the user’s preference using a simple turn-dial.
- Large Drip Tray: Unlike most home espresso machines that have small/shallow drip trays, the GS/3’s is much larger, reducing the need for constant emptying and cleaning.
- Semi-Automatic ‘PID’ Control System: The GS/3 has a sophisticated digital PID controller, automatically controlling the temperature of water in the brewer for the perfect, professional quality espresso extraction each time.
- Large Internal Water Reservoir: Easy to fill, this 3.5L reservoir stores easily behind the drip tray and holds a larger volume than most home espresso machines.
- While pricier than other machines of its category, the GS/3 truly is the ultimate home espresso machine available on the market, offering functionality on par with larger commercial machines used in restaurants and cafes.
- Perfect for aficionados and lovers of the finest gourmet coffees, for whom having a high-end machine that meets their demanding standards is important. La Marzocco is widely considered the gold standard – the GS/3 can truly bring out the very best flavors and aromas in your coffee and pull perfect espressos every time.
- It’s worth noting that unlike with many competitors, La Marzocco’s machines are highly durable and built to last. The GS/3’s boilers, portafilters, and other internal parts are made of stainless steel (instead of chrome-plated brass, or in some cases even plastic). This makes them more durable and easier to clean, but more importantly prevents any metallic taste from entering the espresso shots over time (as may happen when chrome erodes from the parts used in cheaper models).
|[Espresso Machines] General|
|[Espresso Machines] Boiler(s)|
|Boiler Capacity||coffee boiler 1.3 L steam boiler 3.5 L|
|Boiler Temp Control||Domestic Pressurestat|
|Boiler Type||Dual Boiler|
|[Espresso Machines] Brew Groups|
|Brew Head Type||E61|
|[Espresso Machines] Programmability|
|Programmable Temperature (PID)||Yes|
|[Espresso Machines] Water Systems|
|Direct Connect||Internal Water Tank or Plumbed in|
|Pump Type||Single internal rotary pump|
|Reservoir Capacity||3.5 L|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Product Height (inches)||14|
|Product Length (inches)||21|
|Product Width (inches)||16|