The Profitec Pro 500 is a Heat Exchanger espresso machine with a Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) display. Both boiler temperatures can be individually adjusted using the PID. The high quality stainless steel housing with colored side elements and the striking shaped steam and hot water wands give the Pro 600 a particularly extravagant look.
The Pro 500 comes with:
- 1 Single Spout Portafilter
- 1 Double Spout Portafilter
- 1 Single-Shot Basket (7g)
- 1 Double-Shot Basket (14g)
- 1 Backflush Disc 1 Tamper
- 1 Cleaning Brush 1 User Manual
- Dual Boiler with Optional Single Boiler Use:
The Profitec Pro 500’s 2L boiler allow for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- Increased Steam Output:
- Updated Styling:
The Pro 500 offers a fresh take on the traditional E61 aesthetic. With a custom stainless steel mushroom, striking black gauges, black side panels, and outward angled steam and hot water wands, this is a machine that definitely shakes things up a bit.
- PID Temperature Controller:
The PID is synonymous with temperature stability in the espresso industry. Rather than kicking on and off like a thermostat, the PID brings the machine up to temp and constantly maintains the ideal temperature with very little fluctuation. It allows the user to adjust the temperature of both boilers, and, as an added benefit, doubles as a shot timer during brewing.
- A PID comes in handy when brewing specialty coffees to bring out their flavour by testing at various temperatures.E61 Group Head:
- The E61 group head truly is the industry standard. This commercial-grade component plays an integral part in temperature stability by syphoning hot water from the boiler through the group and back, so that the brew water flowing through it never loses a degree on its way to the cup.
- Manually Adjustable Brew Pressure:
Located behind the drip tray, this feature is perfect for the adventurous user who wants to get a bit more flexibility of use out of their machine.
The brew pressure is constant at 9 bars; however, the Pro 500 allows for manual adjustments to be made by the user in order to achieve the desired user to manually adjust the brew pressure in order to achieve a different end result in flavor.
- Professional Gauge, The Profitec Pro 500 features two professional gauges. Left indicating pressure in the boiler, right measuring grouphead pressure while coffee brewing. They are a great feedback tool which let you better understand your machine and improve your final results
- No Burn Steam & Hot Water Wands The machine is equipped with no burn steam and hot water wands that can be manipulated without worry about scolding your hands. Also, milk doesn't stick to a dual-walled steam wand as much as to a regular.
- Water Sensor Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the water tank and boiler. A low water level warning will tell you when you need to refill. Please note: for proper operation it is a must to use water with mineral content.
|Depth [without portafilter] (inches)||17.7"|
|Depth [with portafilter] (inches)||21.9"|
|Weight (pounds)||53 lbs|
|Boiler Capacity (litres)||
Steam + Hot Water Boiler - 1.0L
Coffee Boiler - 0.75 L
|Water Tank Capacity (litres)||
|Power Supply + Absorption||
Wattage (W) - 1400 W
Voltage (V) - 110/120 V