Profitec is a brand that has been importing Italian made machines into Germany since 1985. They have now put their many of experience and expertise into building their own brand of espresso machines and the results are impressive. Profitec Heidelberg produces a line of espresso machines in which no detail has been overlooked. The build quality of these machines is incredible and has to be seen to be appreciated.
The Profitec 700 is a new entry into the Dual Boiler market. It features an E61 group head, a rotary pump with the ability to be plumbed in or run as a pour over, an aesthetically matched PID that controls both boilers, a built in shot timer and two stainless steel boilers.
- Dual Boiler: Separate boilers for steam production and for espresso production. Not only can you perform both functions simultaneously but you have full control over the temperature of each boiler.
- E-61 Grouphead: The Profitec Dual Boiler features the extremely well known and widely used E61 group head. The E61 is known for its temperature stability, durability and ease of use.
- Advanced PID: The PID controller in the Profitec 700 is the most advanced in the industry. It controls both the steam and espresso boilers with separate set temperatures. It has a great steel blue colour that matches the machine beautifully and it has a feature not seen before in machines of this class; it acts as a shot timer. When you raise the lever to extract your coffee the PID turns into a timer which is a very neat and handy feature. The PID also features 3 operating modes: ECO mode allows you to set a timer from 0-600 minutes for shutdown after the last coffee is made; CLN mode automatically reminds you to do a group cleaning after a programmed number of coffees; and FILL mode which sets a reminder to fill the coffee boiler.
- Steam Boiler Shut-Off: The steam boiler can be shut off if you are only making espresso using a switch.
- Rotary Pump: Quiet operation and robust performance. The Profitec can be run as a pour over machine using the included 3 litre water tank or it can be directly plumbed into your water main.
- Stainless Steel Boiler: Both boilers in the Profitec 700 are made out of stainless steel and not copper. Stainless steel is a more robust material and is not susceptible to oxidation or corrosion.
- No Burn Steam & Hot Water Wands: The machine is equipped with no burn steam and hot water wands that can be manipulated without worry about scolding your hands. Also, milk doesn't stick to a dual-walled steam wand as much as to a regular.
- Water Sensor: Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the water tank and boiler. A low water level warning will tell you when you need to refill. Please note: for proper operation it is a must to use water with mineral content.
- Large Drip Tray: A one liter drip tray is handy because it does not have to be emptied as often as some competing brands.
- Boiler drainage valve.
Updates in the 2019 Version
- E61 Brew group with a new stainless steel mushroom.
- New look steam and hot water wands.
- Ergonomic wear free rotary valves - Fit more comfortably, open quicker and give a better feeling of control while steaming.
- Larger boiler and pump pressure gauges in classic black and Profitec “P” branding.
|Boiler-Material||Stainless Steel Boiler|
|Boiler-Size||2L Steam and 0.75 L Brew|
|Manometers||Brew and Steam|
|Volts||110 / 120 V|
|Warm-up Time||15 min|
|Water-Source||Plumbed in or Water Tank|
The Profitec Pro 700 machine comes with:
- 2 portafilters
- 1 tamper
- 1 blind basket
- 1 brush
- 1 cleaning cloth
- A set of manuals.