Like its larger counterpart the Pompei, Izzo’s Alex Leva model is powered by a spring-lever– and is one of our personal favorites. This machine is literally ‘hands-on’ and allows more control than the usual sorts of semi-automatic models available from from competing brands. While less common than other models, these models put the romance back into the art of espresso brewing, and can enable truly outstanding results once the learning curve is overcome. In the hands of a novice it can be a challenge to calibrate the perfect shot, but when used with skill (as it is by many of the world’s top baristas) it can create the finest espressos on earth.
As a single-boiler model, Izzo’s Alex Leva is smaller and intended for home use. At the same time, it is very sturdy, with a larger than average group head, to ensure temperature consistency. We highly recommend this model for true lovers of the classic Italian way of brewing espresso, all from the comfort of your own home.
- Beautiful, classic Italian design, with stainless steel casing – this machine definitely looks the part, to match its elite reputation.
- Smooth pulling spring-lever: lowered to pre-infuse then released to smoothly begin the extraction process.
- PID controller
- Cup warmer on top of machine, heated by steam.
- Hands-on operation: perfect for those who want to experience all the dynamics of espresso making, with maximum control over each step – from pre-infusion to the last drop of extraction. This is the ultimate high-end spring-lever machine that is practical for home usage.
- Superior craftsmanship: as a top of the line machine, all the parts are of the highest quality. In the hands of a skilled user, an Izzo Leva machine can produce some of the very best espressos in the world.
- Easy to maintain: while operating it properly can take skill, the machine itself relies much less on expensive moving or electrical parts, making it much more durable and easier to service.
|Weight (kilograms)||35.0 kg|
|Boiler/Capacity (litres)||5 L|
|Power Absorption + Supply||
Wattage (W) - 1750 W
Amps (A) - 20 A
Voltage (V) - 110/120 V