Baratza Sette 30 All Purpose Grinder
The Sette 30 AP is an inexpensive grinder for those who want to begin their espresso grinding journey, suitable for basic and advanced espresso machines. The Sette 30 AP has a macro only adjustment for grind size, offering 31 steps of adjustment. This grinder incorporates the AP burr, designed for our high end Sette 270/270W grinders, which produces an exceptional espresso grind. It can also be used for grinding for manual brewing methods that require a finer grind (for example, AeroPress and Hario V60) for a very balanced flavor experience.
Designed and perfected in Liechtenstein, Germany over a period of 8 years, this technology sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed, a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
The Sette 30 has a stationary device holder that allows you to remove and re-orient the arms to grind directly into the supplied grounds bin or a portafilter – a standout feature amongst all other home grinders.
Contact CaffeTech Canada for more sales information on The Barataza Sette 30 Grinder and any other Baratza Grinders.
- GRINDING MECHANISM - The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical transports and grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
- Powerful DC motor for maximum starting torque and efficiency, resulting in cooler operation.
- BURRS & BREWING METHODS - Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 30 is built with 40mm conical S1 burrs, which are designed to give a grind profile that is exceptional for espresso and good for brew methods requiring a finer grind (e.g. AeroPress, Hario V60, and most Automatic Brewers).The Sette 30 grinds 3.5 to 5.5 grams per second, depending on roast and grind setting. The burrs are durable, and will remain sharp for many years. The clever design of the Sette Series burr assembly offers you, the user, the ability to exchange the cone burr in less than a minute with no tools and no recalibration. Check this video from about 30 seconds in to see how easy it is to make the switch.
- DEVICE HOLDER & GROUNDS BIN- The Sette 30 has a device holder that allows you to remove and re-orient the arms to grind directly into a portafilter or into the supplied grounds bin. The Sette’s grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. It has a usable capacity of 160g (Med Roast).
- HOPPER - The hopper holds approximately 300-400g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans.
- DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL - The Sette 30 has a simple front mounted control panel with easy to read backlit LED display. The user manually presets the grind time to within 0.1 seconds. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
- GRIND ADJUSTMENT- The Sette has a macro adjust of 31 steps, designed to give a grind profile that is exceptional for espresso and good for brew methods requiring a finer grind. The macro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
- DIMENSIONS -The Sette 30 is designed with a small footprint (like our other models) and fits under standard kitchen cabinets.
- CLEANING - The cone burr is easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- Accessories: (purchased separately)
- HOPPER EXTENDER -An extension that can add 275g of capacity to the existing 275g bean hopper. Several extenders can be added to get to the capacity you need.
- S2 BURR - We offer a second burr assembly - the S2 burr which provides a broader grind range for a different brewing experience.
|Grounds Bin Capacity||160 g|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||300g - 400g|
|Speed to Grind (grams/second)||
Espresso - 3.5g/sec
Manual Brewing - 5.5g/sec
|Power Supply + Absorption||
Volts ac Power (VAC) - 100-120 VAC
Hertz (Hz) - 50/60 Hz
Wattage (W) - 200 W
Amperage (A) - 2.6 A
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.